APPLICATION MAIL SERVICE
08 / 01/2003
- The Chinese Embassy and Consulates take authentication
applications sent by mail, but do not take visa
applications sent by mail.
Please read the relevant application instructions, e.g. AUTHENTICATION
INSTRUCTIONS before submitting your application.
Applicants are required to submit applications to the corresponding visa office of the
Embassy or Consulate -General
according to consular district jurisdiction.
- For visa applications£¨if the applicant
is unable to come to the visa office himself, he can send some one else or a travel/visa agent to come to the visa office
for the application process.
Due to technical reasons, the Consulate General in Houston can not accept Certified Mail, Registered Mail or mails requesting Return Receipt.
It takes 7-10 business
days to process applications received by mail.
- Please check the Consular districts of the Embassy
or Consulate-General, and be sure the application goes
to the correct office. Otherwise, it will be returned
- Mark your envelope with "Authentication Application" or "Consular Application".
In addition to the application fee, a $5
handling fee PER PACKAGE
shall be charged. This handling fee is not return postage.
- No rush service is available for applications received by
A self-addressed pre-paid
RETURN envelops with sufficient postage must be included.
- Please pay by Money Order, Cashier's Check or Company Check.
Personal checks are not acceptable.
- Please make the check or money order payable to Chinese
Embassy or Chinese Consulate.
- All payments can be written on one check or money order.
To facilitate your application, please provide a
cover letter with a list of the items being mailed,
and your daytime telephone number.
Do not make any inquires regarding the status of your application
if it is less than 15 days old.
Should you need the status in case of real emergency,
please fax or email us the name of the
applicant, nature of the application and the telephone number through which we may reach you.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible. The fax number of the Consulate General in Houston is 713-5248466 and the email address is: email@example.com
A reviewing fee of $20 shall be charged if you withdraw your
application while it is being processed.
The Visa Office is not responsible for the loss, damage, delay or mishandling of your passport and documents caused by the delivery services.
- The following next day arrival trackable return delivery is recommended: FedEx, Post Office Express Mail, Airborne, UPS or DHL, etc.
- Meter stripe postage, Certified Mail or Registered Mail can not be used as return delivery.
- The applicant shall put his/her name and address as the
SENDER on the RETURN ENVELOPE
instead of the Chinese Embassy or Consulate.
- Applicants are solely responsible for the correct address
and postage provided on their return envelopes.